Typically, when a person thinks of customer service, the manufacturing industry probably isn’t the first thing that comes to mind. Although manufacturing companies have focused solely on the product and its fabrication, it’s becoming increasingly important to put the spotlight on customer satisfaction “as a new performance driver”.
Did you know that acquiring a new customer can cost 5 times more than retaining an existing customer? This is just as true for the manufacturing industry – in addition to a generally longer sales cycle – so keeping current customers happy should be a top priority. It’s vital that more equipment manufacturers understand the value of engaging current customers over the long term.
Balancing Ongoing Industry Expertise While Growing a Robust and Reliable Service Department
As a century-old company that has spent decades pioneering the design and manufacture of centrifuges for the sugar, botanicals, and chemical and pharmaceutical industries, Western States has naturally built a solid reputation within our specific industries. However, we’ve also learned the importance of customer relations within our industry and have worked to build a robust and accessible service department that our customers can rely on. We pride ourselves on providing reliable customer support including, but not limited to:
- 24-Hour Emergency Hotline
- Maintenance Training Seminars
- Operational and Maintenance Training
- Inspections and Factory Visits
- Full Machine Inspection and Maintenance
- Problem Solving
- Mechanical and Electrical Troubleshooting
- New Machine Commissioning
- Modernization Commissioning
Since many of the service questions and troubleshooting requests we receive are able to be remedied via phone or email, there is no service trip – and no charge – for this telecommunication service.
Meet Our Centrifuge Manufacturing Parts and Service Team Members
We have staffed our service department with trusted and experienced employees. With over 50 years of combined experience, you can rely on our knowledgeable and friendly staff to answer any questions, solve any problems and assist in fixing any machinery.
- As Field Service Manager, Chris Stover assists in managing the service department to ensure that all day-to-day operations are running smoothly while supervising the remaining service department personnel. After 23 years at Western States, Chris has formed friendships with many of our customers and remains a well-liked and respected leader in the service department.
- Our In-House Service Technicians travel both locally and internationally – going the “extra mile” to maintain and repair our customers’ machinery on-site.
- Mark Hale has been with us for 3 years and, in addition to being passionate about his work, he has also recently reconfirmed his passion for motorcycles.
- A loving family man, Kirk Jackson has 3 years at Western States and treats customers and co-workers alike with the same kindness and support he’d want to be shown to his own family.
- Chris Boggess, who just got married and reached his 1-year mark at Western States, will now have two anniversaries – both personal and professional – to celebrate each Fall.
- The International Service Technicians at Western States are located in, and dedicated to providing on-site assistance to countries in Central and South America.
- Arturo Cordero is based in Mexico and recently signed on with Western States full-time after working with one of our representatives for several years.
- Serving our Central and South American customers, Mahonri Amaya has been with us for 5 years and has been praised for his honest and ethical workmanship.
Prioritizing Customers as Much as the Parts We Build
Although we will always place a high priority on being leaders and innovators in the manufacturing space, the team at Western States is dedicated to providing superior customer service. We understand that the success of our business depends on the success of our customers, and we will continue to do our part in building new client relationships while nurturing long-term customer engagements. If you have questions about our centrifuges or need technical support, our support team is standing by to help. Visit our Parts and Service page or contact us today for more information.